Friday, September 12, 2008

House of Crosses








I had a day out shooting for fun with my friend Tricia - she lives in Prattville and there are so many cool places to photograph around there, so we started with a church, grabbed some lunch and kept going to battle mosquitos in the 'bamboo forest' and finished at the landmark House of Crosses. I'm not from around here, so this was all new to me... I don't know the entire story regarding the House of Crosses, but apparently the man who started this passed away about 4 years ago. He put out a cross supposedly everyday his wife survived cancer from the day of her diagnosis. But there may be other stories, so don't quote me! 


This place is very interesting - to me it was peaceful yet unnerving. Hard to describe...there are hundreds of decaying crosses and messages constructed on old appliances, car parts, anything you can think of. Something you'll have to see for yourself, but here's a few images I captured on our adventure.

Thank you, Tricia, for the tour and hangin with me! And of course, being my mosquito repellant! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are sooo welcome!! Let's do it again soon!
Tricia